Halibut Fishing Washington
We will be back for our 13th season at John Wayne Marina in Sequim for 2013!
Why fish Sequim?
Our boats are larger than most and in calmer waters. Sequim is only a few miles from the fishing grounds. This means less cancellations due to high seas 6ft+. Also better prices with only a 17 day season.
- From Sequim we even have protected waters we can fish when you can’t get out from other ports.
- Small boats are really slow in 8ft seas
- Sequim is less than 60 miles from the half hour ferry rides of Seattle/Bainbridge or Edmonds/Kingston
- We don’t run for hours getting to the good spots!
- We do not allow people to bring thier GPS on board.
- Even Canada rules have changed to 1 halibut per person per day.
Sequim is one of the closest locations for effective halibut fishing in milder waters. Admiralty Inlet occasionally gets halibut, but the Straights are more productive. Larger and fewer is what it’s known for.
Why not make it a BIG one?